Were you at Techpoint Build on 27th January?
Techpoint Build is an annual event organized by Techpoint.ng where startups, investors and business professionals from different sectors converge to address and proffer solutions to the challenges associated with the Startup and Tech scene in Nigeria.
The Techpoint Build event was a huge success as hundreds of people turned out to witness the grand finale of Pitch Storm (Techpoint’s funding opportunity for early-stage startups), learn from speakers and network with others at the event.
Pitch Storm is an opportunity for early-stage startups who solve problems with technology to present their ideas to investors and stand a chance of winning N1,000,000 funding, free of equity. That means, the winner of Pitch Storm will not give away any part of their company or pay back the money when they win.
Nine startups will be selected to pitch but only one winner will emerge. The maiden edition of Pitch Storm was held at Landmark on the 27th of January alongside the event.
The Startups that Pitched at the Event:
- The Footwear Academy
In the Service Category, Placements.ng emerged as the winner. In the Utility category, Legitcar emerged the winner and in the productivity category, Accounteer emerged winner.
All category winners benefited from the media exposure and feedback from investors but Placements.ng was first place and bagged home the N1,000,000 cash prize.
Some of the speakers at the event included:
CEO, Paystack – Shola Akinlade
CEO Farmcrowdy – Onyeka Akumah
CEO, Traders of Africa – Uju Uzo-Ojinnaka
Co-Founder at Thank U – Simeon Ononobi
CEO VConnect – Deepanker Rustagi
Head, Corporate Strategy and Innovation, Union Bank – Lola Cardoso
And many others…
Some Shakers at Techpoint Build included:
- Yours truly, Farmcrowdy
- Thank u Rewards
- Iroko TV
- Union Bank
Farmcrowdy was also a proud sponsor of Techpoint Build and we welcomed guests in our booth from when the event started at 8am till the end of the event.
We had the opportunity to interact with our farm sponsors, some of whom where present at the event and we also met people who wanted to know more about us and how they could empower farmers.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions at the event:
- What is Farmcrowdy?
- I have farms, can I farm with Farmcrowdy?
- What is the Return on Sponsorship when a farm is sponsored?
- I would like to sponsor a farm, how do I do that?
- What is the cost of sponsoring a farm unit?
For detailed answers to these questions, please visit our FAQ page
Best takeaway from Techpoint includes:
- Co-founder and CEO of Farmcrowdy, Onyeka Akumah had to take a full time job to support salaries of his early staff who were building a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) prior to focusing on fundraising.
- Find out why a potential investor doesn’t invest and use that to develop yourself for next time.
- Attend events! Events like Techpoint Build helps build your network and relationships that can last for life.
- As a founder, have a clear idea of what’s next and a clear idea of how to get there.
- When fundraising, understand the investor’s interest in your business. Are they long term or short term? Ensure the investors objective is aligned with yours.
- Keep fine-tuning your pitch. Farmcrowdy did 98 different pitches to raise money!
That’s our quick recap of Techpoint Build.
Were you at the event? What were your biggest takeaways from the event? How are you going to implement these into your business? Tweet us your replies @farmcrowdy