Christmas is in the air but before we cross over to the most festive time of the year, let’s talk about the eventful November we had. From celebrating our third anniversary to meeting with the Vice President, Prime Minister (UAE) and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, a lot has happened in the 30 days of November and we are sharing it all with you.
- On November 6th, The Organization for Technology Advancement of Cold Chain in West Africa (OTACCWA) organized the 2nd West Africa Cold Chain Summit and Exhibition (WACCSE) was held. Our Head of Sourcing and Logistics, Gabriel Yadua attended the event and moderated a panel session.Gabriel and the other panelists spoke on the topic “Unlocking Practical Cold Chain Solutions in Africa.”
- Our Founder, Onyeka Akumah attended the British – Nigerian Investment Summit in London on the 7th of November, 2019. At the summit, Onyeka discussed Farmcrowdy with Lami Adekola (DIT UK), Richard Adebayo (Honorable Minister, Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment), TradeInvest Nigeria, and Yewande Sadiku (CEO, Nigerian Investment Promotion and Commission).
- Our Co-Founder, Akindele Phillips spoke at the World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum in Bahrain on the 13th of November, 2019. Mr. Phillips and other panelists spoke on “Best Practices Towards Achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure.” It was an enlightening experience.
- Farmcrowdy turned three (3) on November 14th. We used that day to appreciate our farmers, farm sponsors, partners, stakeholders, and everyone who has supported us in the past three years. We also reflected on our growth in the past year and discussed ways to ensure growth by our fourth year. If you would like to read more on that, click here.
- On November 15th, 2019, our Regional Business Manager, Ajoke Yusuf represented Farmcrowdy at the Nigeria Digital Economy Summit in Abuja. At the event, Ajoke had discussions with Mr. Sunday Dare (Minister of Youth and Sport), Oluwakemi Ann-Melody (Special Assistant to the Minister of Youth and Sport), Ademola Badejo (CEO,scbrand.ng;), Fabian Bolin (CEO and Founder of War on Cancer) and many others.
- November 16th – November 18th 2019 was a memorable period for Farmcrowdy. Our Managing Director, Kenneth Obaijulu attended the Global Business Forum in Dubai. At the forum, Kenneth spoke to Doing Business in Africa Club Members at the Hult International Business School, Dubai. He spoke to them about the African market, it’s challenges, and how to make an impact in the society. Kenneth also discussed AgriTech with the Vice President, Prime Minister (UAE) and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid.
- On November 20th, 2019, our Co-Founder, Tope Omotolani spoke at the Lagos Small Business Summit. Tope spoke on a panel session with Omolara Adagunodo (MD, Jumia Travel), Seyi Tinubu (CEO,Loatsad PromoMedia), and Paul Adebo (Head, Liability Business Banking Group, FCMB).
- Tope also had a fireside chat with other Women in Tech Businesses on the 21st of November.
- Sola Oyawale, our Deputy Managing Director spoke at the 23rd Annual Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers’ Conference on the 22nd of November, 2019. Sola and other panelists discussed The Nexus between Agriculture and the Capital Market.
- That same day, our Co-Founder, Tope Omotolani spoke at the Green House Capital’s Ecosystem Exchange.
- Our Founder, Onyeka Akumah, spoke at the HR Zone’s HR-The CEO’s Perspective on the 23rd of November, 2019.
- On the 27th of November, 2019, our Co-Founder, Akindele Phillips spoke at the CVL Role Model Forum. Akindele and Nike Anani (CEO, Nike Anani Practice Limited) spoke on “Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurs, and the Path to Success.”
Which of these events were you most interested in? Let us know in the comment section below.